Unable to post attachments after upgrade

After upgrading to 5.33.3, unable to attach any files to a post.

Steps to reproduce
Server 5.33.3. Tried with desktop app 4.5.2 or 4.6.2, or with Chrome, on mac.

Observed behavior
Attempting to attach any file to a post (using the attachment button and file selector, or copy-pasting an image) results in:

  • Red error “Unable to save the file info.” below the post
  • Errors like the following in the server log
2021-04-25T20:12:10.365+1000	error	mlog/log.go:232	Unable to save the file info.	{"path": "/api/v4/files", "request_id": "7chdxz7fwtfd9x5ehq8gnrmjsc", "ip_addr": "", "user_id": "y68mtriszf85zg48mbxto3gcac", "method": "POST", "err_where": "UploadFileX", "http_code": 500, "err_details": "failed to save FileInfo: Error 1022: Can't write; duplicate key in table 'FileInfo'"}

This is quite bad actually - users will be unable to post attachments and I am not keen on trying to roll back.

I realise that the core error duplicate key in table is coming from our mysql database (actually Amazon Aurora). The FileInfo table has this create definition:

  `Id` varchar(26) NOT NULL,
  `CreatorId` varchar(26) DEFAULT NULL,
  `PostId` varchar(26) DEFAULT NULL,
  `CreateAt` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
  `UpdateAt` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
  `DeleteAt` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
  `Path` text,
  `ThumbnailPath` text,
  `PreviewPath` text,
  `Name` text,
  `Extension` varchar(64) DEFAULT NULL,
  `Size` bigint(20) DEFAULT NULL,
  `MimeType` text,
  `Width` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `Height` int(11) DEFAULT NULL,
  `HasPreviewImage` tinyint(1) DEFAULT NULL,
  `MiniPreview` mediumblob,
  `Content` longtext,
  KEY `idx_fileinfo_update_at` (`UpdateAt`),
  KEY `idx_fileinfo_create_at` (`CreateAt`),
  KEY `idx_fileinfo_delete_at` (`DeleteAt`),
  KEY `idx_fileinfo_postid_at` (`PostId`),
  KEY `idx_fileinfo_extension_at` (`Extension`),
  FULLTEXT KEY `idx_fileinfo_name_txt` (`Name`),
  FULLTEXT KEY `idx_fileinfo_content_txt` (`Content`)

I am not sure how we got into this state after the upgrade.

Confirmed that any insert into FileInfo results in the same error. The table seems to be in an unusable state.

I think I fixed this by doing the following (after stopping server):

mysqldump ... mattermost FileInfo > FileInfo.dump
mysql ... mattermost < FileInfo.dump

Since this drops and recreates the table with the same content, I was hoping it would replace whatever bad table definition was in there. Seemed to work.

I had the exact same issue, and your fix worked for me gubbins. Thank you!