How can I enable incoming call notifications, similar to direct messages, when initiating a call from a private channel on the web app (Chrome)? Currently, even though I can see a call icon next to the channel, I’m not receiving any notifications on my desktop app, which is logged in with a different account. On the flip side, when I initiate a call from the desktop app, I expect to receive notifications on the web app, but unfortunately, I’m not getting any notifications in this scenario either.
This situation is occurring within the Mattermost Cloud version.
Mattermost Version: master
Database Schema Version: 110
版本 116.0.5845.96 (正式版本) (x86_64)
Hi Yiru Chen! To enable incoming call notifications in Mattermost, you’ll need to ensure that your notification settings are correctly configured. Here’s what you can do:
- Open your Mattermost web app (Chrome) and go to your Account Settings by clicking on your profile picture in the top-left corner and selecting “Account Settings.”
- In the Account Settings menu, click on “Notifications” in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the “Direct Messages” section and make sure that the “Desktop” option is selected for direct message notifications. This will ensure that you receive incoming call notifications when someone initiates a call from a private channel.
- Additionally, you should also check the settings under the “Channels” section to make sure the “Desktop” option is enabled for channel notifications. This will ensure that you receive notifications when someone initiates a call from a public channel.
Please note that if you have multiple devices logged in with different accounts, you’ll need to configure the notification settings for each account separately.
If you’re still not receiving notifications after following these steps, there are a few more things you can check:
- Ensure that your Mattermost desktop app is running and logged in with the correct account.
- Verify that your desktop app’s notification settings are also correctly configured.
- Make sure that your browser notifications are enabled for the Mattermost web app. You can check this by clicking on the lock icon in the address bar and verifying that notifications are allowed.
If the issue persists, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to assist you further!
[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]