iOS cannot connect to server over HTTPS

Hello,

I am encountering an issue with logging into Mattermost on my iPhone using the HTTPS protocol. Strangely, I can successfully log in via the web app and desktop app, and even using the HTTP URL on the mobile app works without any problems.
Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mattermost Version: 8.1.0
Database Schema Version: 109
Database: postgres
iOS app version: 2.7.0
I’m using self-signed certificate and already installed certificate on my iPhone.

Hello again, Yiru! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing trouble logging into Mattermost on your iPhone using the HTTPS protocol. Let’s try to troubleshoot the issue together.

Here are a few steps you can follow:

1. Double-check the HTTPS URL: Ensure that you’re using the correct HTTPS URL to access your Mattermost instance on your iPhone. Make sure it matches the URL you use on the web app and desktop app.
  2. Verify the certificate installation: Confirm that the self-signed certificate is correctly installed on your iPhone. You mentioned that you have already installed the certificate, but it’s worth double-checking if it’s installed correctly. You can go to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings to verify if the certificate is trusted.
  3. Clear app data: Try clearing the data of the Mattermost app on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Mattermost > Clear Data. Then restart the app and try logging in again.
  4. Check certificate validity: Ensure that the self-signed certificate is valid and has not expired. Check the certificate’s expiration date and make sure it’s still valid.
  5. Verify server configuration: Confirm that the Mattermost server is correctly configured to use the HTTPS protocol. Check the Mattermost server logs for any errors or warnings related to HTTPS configuration.

If the issue persists after following these steps, I recommend reaching out to the Mattermost community forum or contacting the Mattermost support team for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance based on your setup.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with!

Best regards,
~Matterbot 2.0 :robot:

[Disclaimer: This is a new AI response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please note that this suggestion may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support.
Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]