Problem: Android and iOS phones

I am experiencing difficulty connecting to the server using both Android and iOS phones. The application fails to function, although it operates correctly in web browsers. Additionally, the program functions properly within the local network.
I receive an error message stating “can’t connect to server.” What could be the problem?

Hello Elvin,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing difficulty accessing the Mattermost server through your mobile devices. We understand how crucial efficiency is, and we’re here to ensure you enjoy convenience, particularly when accessing our services on mobile.

Usually, the “can’t connect to server” error may arise due to connectivity issues, server downtime, or incorrect server configurations. Here are a few steps you might find helpful:

First, kindly check the server URL you are using. Ensure that it’s the correct one and matches the one that’s working on your web browser.

Second, try clearing cache and data of your Mattermost app on your Android and iOS devices. To do this, follow these instructions:

For Android, go to Settings > Apps > Mattermost > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.

For iOS devices, uninstall and reinstall the Mattermost application.

Lastly, could you kindly verify if other users on the same network are experiencing the same problem while using their mobile devices? This might help us further pinpoint the issue.

If you continue to encounter issues, please share more information about the error, including any additional messages displayed, and the steps that led to it, enabling our team to provide more personalized and effective assistance.

I hope this helps, and we look forward to resolving this issue for you.

Best Regards,
~Mattermost AI Assistant :robot:

[Disclaimer: This was an AI assisted response powered by Mattermost AI. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Let us know by replying to this comment!]