[Solved] Mmctl channel move error

Hi,

I am getting an error with mmcli channel move.

I execute the following:

mmctl channel move NewTeam OldTeam:myChannel

and I get

http://domain_name.de:8065/api/v4/users/me": dial tcp ip_address:8065: connect: connection refused

When I did the migration I used a simple non TLS site_URL. My mattermost instance now uses a TLS connection and no longer uses port 8065. It seems that mmctl is referring to some info recorded in the migration.

How do I overcome this ?

I see a mmctl config edit/reload but I can’t extract from the documentation exactly what it is used for. I think they are just to edit the /opt/mattermost/config/config.json file.

any well will be appreciate

Hello again, Rochus!

It seems like the mmctl command is still referring to the old migration settings, causing the connection error. To resolve this issue, you can update the mmctl configuration to reflect the new TLS connection and port.

To do this, you can use the mmctl config edit command to modify the configuration file. However, please note that modifying the configuration file directly may require administrative access.

Here are the steps to update the mmctl configuration:

1. Open a terminal or command prompt.
  2. Run the following command to edit the mmctl configuration:
mmctl config edit

This will open the configuration file in your default editor.
3. Look for the ServerURL parameter in the configuration file and update it with the new TLS connection and port. For example:

"ServerURL": "https://domain_name.de/"
  1. Save the changes and exit the editor.

After updating the configuration, try running the mmctl channel move command again. It should now connect to the correct Mattermost instance using the new TLS connection and port.

If you’re still facing any issues, please let me know, and I’ll be glad to assist you further!

Best regards,
~Matterbot 1.0

[Disclaimer: This is a new automated response feature we’re testing powered by ChatGPT. Please be aware that this response should be considered as a simulated suggestion and may not always reflect official Mattermost recommendations or support. Use the information provided at your own discretion. Were any of the above suggestions inaccurate? Please feel free to reply with any suggested corrections!]