Sound Notifications Not Working - macOS

Cannot get Desktop notifications to play sound.

• macOS Big Sur (v11.6)
• Mattermost Desktop for Mac v5.0.2

Double checked app settings, sound notifs are on.

Double checked OS settings, sound notifs are on.

I was able to do a workaround by keeping a Mattermost browser tab open in order to get sound notifs, but that also doubles the visual banner notifs, and does not consistently deliver sound notifs either.

What Mattermost server version are you on?

Assuming server version is same as app version, I’m on Mattermost Desktop for Mac v5.0.2.

Should server version be different, can you let me know how to find that? Thank you!

You can find the server version under Main Menu > About Mattermost.

gotcha. Here you go:

Mattermost Enterprise Edition
Mattermost Version: 5.21.0
Database Schema Version: 5.21.0
Database: postgres

Thank you!

I would recommend upgrading the server to a more recent version. We currently support v5.37 (Extended Support Release), as well as versions 6.0+.

I’m a non-IT end user. Is this something I can do from my end, or does my IT team/admin have do that?

Here are the upgrade guides: Upgrading Mattermost Server — Mattermost documentation. This would normally be done by an admin.

Thanks so much! I’ll forward on to IT.

@amy.blais I’m also having the same issue after double checking my sound notifications are on in both my system settings and mattermost settings.

I was previously using an older Mac (2018) on Monterey but before our server’s updated to 6.0+ and the sound notifications worked fine. Additionally, this newer Mac (2021) hasn’t had sound notifications work for mattermost both before and after the servers updated.

• macOS Monterey (v12.2)
• Mattermost Desktop for Mac Version 5.0.2 (5.0.2.15006)
• Mattermost Server Version: 6.3.2
• Database Schema Version: 6.3.2
• Database: postgres

Any ideas on what I can do or is this a bug currently?