Can not log in Android App

Summary
Can not log in (the first time) in the android App (pixel 7). After login and password the page “Enter MFA Token” is not appears.

Steps to reproduce

• 1st screen - company server name - ok
  • 2nd screen - email and password - ok
  • 3rd screen supposes to be “Enter MFA Token” is not appear. There is an empty screen with “x” in the top-left corner to close the app.

What Mattermost mobile app version are you on?
What Mattermost server version are you on?
Does the same issue happen on webapp? Do other users see the issue on other devices?

App Version: 2.4.0 (Build 6000471)

No, the same issue is not happening on web app

Don’t know server version, and didn’t hear about same issue on another user devices

@lindy65 Are you able to reproduce this on Android?

Hi @amy.blais - no, I am not able to reproduce on Android build 475, mysql.test v8.0-rc1.

Does upgrading to the latest build solve your issue @leonchenko ?

I’m having the same problem with Motorola Edge 20 Pro.
Mattermost App Version:2.5.0 (Build 6000475)

No, the problem is not solved. I just reinstall the Mattermost App on my Pixel 7 phone

Opened [MM-53236] - Mattermost for tracking.

I just tried this on our community server and a local test server that I have with a Pixel 4 and a Pixel 6 as well as some simulators on Android 11, 12 & 13 and was unable to reproduce.

I wonder if you have a setting in your phone that prevents animations or some sort of accessibility setting that may be causing the issue?

If you tap on the “X” that appears at the top left corner of the screen as you mentioned, what happens? is it possible for you to share a screen recording?

I just tried this on our community server and a local test server that I have with a Pixel 4 and a Pixel 6 as well as some simulators on Android 11, 12 & 13 and was unable to reproduce.

I had Pixel 6A before - it was working there.
It doesn’t work on Pixel 7

I wonder if you have a setting in your phone that prevents animations or some sort of accessibility setting that may be causing the issue?

No special adjustments

If you tap on the “X” that appears at the top left corner of the screen as you mentioned, what happens? is it possible for you to share a screen recording?

There is no X button only a back button that leads to the preview screen.

Hi!
I have a similar problem.
1st screen - company server name - ok
2nd screen - log in via Keycloak - ok
3rd screen - keycloak announces me a successful log in and the redirection seems to work
4rd screen - re-display the first screen - company server name.

I encounter the same problem in these two situations:
Server Mattermost Version: 7.10.0

1. mobile phone: xiaomi
    application: mattermost-beta 2.4.0 and mattermost 2.5.0

2. VM: android x86 (version 9.0)
    application: mattermost 2.4.0

Tatiana, what is the version of Android that you are running on your Pixel 7?

Do you see any errors on the server logs? does a browser open between steps 3 & 4 ?

Do you see any errors on the server logs?

yes
[error] connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: [IP_server_Mattermost], server: [URL_Keycloak], request: “GET /realms/[realm_name]/.well-known/openid-configuration HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://[::1]:8080/realms/[realm_name]/.well-known/openid-configuration”, host: “[URL_Keycloak]”

As far as I understand it is a proxy problem. The strange thing is that the Mattermost client desktop and the Mattermost browser do work properly.

does a browser open between steps 3 & 4 ?

yes, and announces me:
“Authentication complete
Redirecting you back to the app
If you are not redirected automatically, please click the link”
And then, re-display the first screen - company server name

thanks for the tips and help

I had the same problem with a new Google Pixel 6a… app version 2.5.0. Installed the Mattermost Beta v 2.5.0 app and that allows me to log in successfully.

Have the same problem with android 13
appversion is 2.5.1 build 6000476
serverversion is 7.10.3
Android device is v13

Steps to reproduce

• 1st screen - company server name - ok
  • 2nd screen - email and password - ok
  • 3rd screen “Enter MFA Token” , keyboard just displays in milliseconds. Impossible to enter code
    Have screen recording of issue, but upload does not accepting mp4 files.

Are you all using the Android credential autocomplete to login to the server? Can you try to manually type in the username and password for the server connection instead of filling them in individually, please?

I confirm. On ma two devices (OnePlus 10 Pro & Xiaomi Tab) has same trouble if I use Android credential autocomplete. If filled in manually work fine. Thanks for this workaround.