License for non-profits? How long for a response?

Hi @jordana
Thank you for the update, and helpful to hear that the broader workflows and documentation around the non-profit offering are under review.
More information will help with expectation management on the part of new, prospective non-profit clients.

For us, as we weren’t expecting a 2 month wait, we’ve found ourselves in the situation of having to create and manage individual user accounts for all staff, rather than simply provide them an option through single sign on. Which is frustrating for both staff and the tech team. (In comparison, other chat services we’ve been testing and trialling responded within a few days.)

I don’t mean to sound ungrateful. I recognise it is kind that Mattermost offer a generous non-profit pricing option. And I also recognise that Mattermost may have a leaner team with fewer resources than other companies. But I can’t help but feel if we were a fully paying corporate customer, we’d have received a license much more quickly. Which leaves the impression that non-profits are two tier clients.

Update: 63 days (9 weeks) after applying for a non-profit license we haven’t received any news from Mattermost.

There has been no emails or information from Mattermost beyond a copy of the non-profit form submission, that we made on 21 September. Only information has been here, in this thread.

A final update to bring this thread to a close. Last week Mattermost were in touch and approved the license, apologised for the delay and thanked us for our patience. The next stage of the process was incredibly smooth and quick, from invoicing to providing the key all within around 72hrs.

My understanding is that our application may have arrived at a time of change and transition, where the non-profit workflow was under review, which resulted in unexpected delays and gaps in communication - so shouldn’t be seen as indicative of the normal non-profit application experience.

Mattermost is a great product and, once connected, the outreach from the Mattermost team has been really positive. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m currently at ~5weeks waiting for a response to our nonprofit application. It says in the docs this is the anticipated time.

I haven’t received any reply to enquiries relating to the service though.

Hi @samuk and welcome to the Mattermost forums!

I’ve made the community managers aware of your post and hope that they can expedite the process for you!

1 Like

Thanks. Looking forward to getting my users started!

@samuk Just letting you know that this has been escalated to our team, and our team will reach out to you soon.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks. We’ve been approved! looking forward to getting started…

1 Like