Notification default settings for new users

Hello!
Tell me, how can I set the default settings for new users?
Specifically interested in notification settings.

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment, since these are user settings. You would have to set the preferences and user properties manually in the database or via the API after user creation.

If that’s something you control (like you are the ones who create the new accounts) then you can also add this additional information and set these additional settings. If your users are signing up for theirselves and you have no control over when they log in, it’s a bit trickier.

There might be plugins out their in the wild that support things like that, but I’m not aware of one, sorry.

Understood. There is full access to the system, I found a solution on the forum to change other settings, it remains to find what to change. :slight_smile:

It is not solved through mmctl?

No, mmctl does not allow to set user preferences at the moment.
I cannot find a solution in the issue you linked - it’s just talking about queries to read the notification properties, but what you could do is you create a new user and make sure the settings look exactly like you want them to have with regards to the Notifications and all other things and then you can make a note of the NotifyProps as well as of the user preferences and apply them to every new user, either via the API or directly via the database.

1 Like

Changed the settings for their users like this:

update Users set NotifyProps = jsonb_set(NotifyProps, '{desktop}', '"all"') where Email like '%domain.my';
update Users set NotifyProps = jsonb_set(NotifyProps, '{email}', '"false"') where Email like '%domain.my';
update Users set NotifyProps = jsonb_set(NotifyProps, '{push}', '"all"') where Email like '%domain.my';
update Users set NotifyProps = jsonb_set(NotifyProps, '{push_status}', '"online"') where Email like '%domain.my';

Thanks!

PS
Logoff/login is required to apply the settings

Thanks for sharing the solution with us! I’m marking this issue as resolved now.

1 Like